When travelling Europe by train there is always the question of “Should we buy point to point tickets or buy a rail pass?” If you are thinking of travelling to the Netherlands, Belgium and/or Luxembourg, here is a perfect itinerary to make the most out of your Eurail Benelux Pass.
Let’s start with Belgium. When most people think of Belgium, they think of the capital, Brussels, and sometimes even Antwerp. Let us add a couple more cities to the list. Here is a list of the top cities to visit in Belgium:
- Brussels Europe’s capital
- Antwerp A mix between a port city and fashion central
- Bruges Picturesque little city
- Ghent Belgium’s best hidden gem
- Ostend Spend a day at the beach
- Namur Visit a citadelle
Feel like going to The Netherlands? Try venturing out of Amsterdam! You will be happily surprised! Here is a list of the top cities to visit in The Netherlands:
- Amsterdam Colourful houses, canals, bicycles and bridges
- Rotterdam Inspiring and technological city with beautiful architecture
- The Hague Beautiful waterfront
- Utrecht A medieval old town
- Haarlem Beautiful tulip fields and a town with a lot of history
Luxembourg is a great country to spend your weekend. This country has a perfect mix of the countries that surround it. Here are our suggestions for cities to visit:
- Luxembourg City Visit a charming little town
- Vianden Castle Feel like you are living in a fairytale
- Little Switzerland Amazing nature
Are you on Pinterest? Give it some love!
Here are our top cities to visit in Benelux. Do you have any suggestions of places to visit? If so, please leave a comment!