Offer up great value on border-crossing trains
Eurail Passes (and InterRail Passes for European residents) for Norway and Sweden are also valid on select direct border crossing trains, making for great cross boarder travel opportunities. It’s generally known that a rail pass is valid on the national railway company within the pass country, such as SJ for Sweden and Vy for Norway, but now you can also benefit from these direct border crossing trains, adding extra value to your pass.
A rail pass valid in Sweden is also valid on these direct border crossing trains:
- Oslo (Norway) – Gothenburg (Sweden)– Oslo
- Stockholm (Sweden) – Oslo (Norway) – Stockholm
- To/from Narvik (Norway)
- To/from Copenhagen /Odense (Denmark)
- Berlin (Germany) – Malmö (Sweden)
A rail pass valid in Norway is also valid on these direct border crossing trains:
- Oslo (Norway) – Gothenburg (Sweden) – Oslo
- Oslo (Norway) – Stockholm (Sweden) – Oslo
Please note that some trains in Europe, including international trains, require a seat reservation or supplement in addition to your rail pass, so please check the timetables to see what arrangements are required for these international routes.