Top 5 London Attractions
With much to do in London, we’ve picked 5 attractions not to miss.
- London Dungeon: Live actors, shows, rides and interactive special effects ensure that you face your fears in this unique experience. Everything that you see is based on real historical events from Jack the Ripper, to the Great Fire of London, torture and the plague. With two scary rides the London Dungeon provides ninety minutes of thrilling and fun experiences that will leave your family screaming for more! As gate prices have increased you’ll save by ordering in advance with ACP Rail, plus you’ll skip the queues with priority entrance.
- Historic Royal Palaces: Treat yourself to a royal experience by visiting the famous palaces of London. Hampton Court Palace, Tower of London, Kensington Palace, and the Banqueting Hall are all yours to enjoy with the Historic Royal Palaces Pass. New this year – Kensington Palace has been enchanted. Journey through this magical experience weaving contemporary fashion, performance, dreamlike installations and tales of the princesses who once lived there, all set against the backdrop of the magnificent State Apartments.
- Madame Tussauds London: This year Madame Tussauds London celebrates 125 years, bringing glitz and glamour to 12 exciting, interactive zones. The museum displays wax figures of Hollywood celebrities, sport stars, political figures, royalty, musicians, and UK stars in realistic settings, where you can get up close and pose, making for great photo experiences.
- Kew Gardens: The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew is a World Heritage Site and home to the World’s largest and most diverse collection of living plants with over 40,000 different species. Enjoy the summer festival until September 5, where Kew’s Princess of Wales Conservatory is a haven for Butterflies, Bugs & Beasties. Tour three butterfly zones, one steamy and flourishing with tropical orchids, another bursting with lush ferns and the last planted with sweet nectar beds.
- The Merlin Entertainment’s London Eye: At 135 meters, The Merlin Entertainments London Eye is the world’s tallest cantilevered wheel, with 40 kilometer panoramic views on a clear day. The gradual flight in one of 32 glass capsules takes approximately 30 minutes. Night or day, The London Eye offers spectacular views of London and its famous landmarks such as Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, St Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey and Trafalgar Square.
acp, attractions, dungeons, entertainment, festival, london, palaces, pass, rail, special, Summer, westminster abbey, world
This entry was posted by Angela on July 7th, 2010, and is filed under United Kingdom. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.